Shielded Hearts’ RoundUp
Shielded Hearts, Local Police Departments and the Child Protection Center partner to collect New Toys, Socks & Sweaters, and New & Gently Used Stuffed Animals for children in scary circumstances.
Help provide a little comfort to a child who has been abused or going into foster care. Give them something to call their own during such a scary time.
In the last 3 years over 10,000 items have been generously donated and delivered. 10,000 opportunities to comfort a child in their time of need.
Those interested in donating New or Gently Used Stuffed Animals, New Toys, and New Socks and Sweaters can drop off unwrapped items at many local Police Departments and/or Districts starting November 10th until December 10th. Other drop-off locations are listed below.
In addition, businesses and organizations who would like to coordinate their own RoundUp (at any time of the year that is convenient for you) can read more information here (RoundUp- Community Organizations letter), fill out this form (RoundUp Information Request), or email RoundUp@ShieldedHearts.com to get more information.
Donated New and Gently Used Stuffed Animals, New Toys, New Socks, and New Sweaters can be dropped-off at the following locations from November 10th through December 10, 2012:
Watch the Positively Milwaukee: Teddy Bear Drive (2010) with Carole Meekins, Milwaukee’s TMJ4
Shielded Hearts RoundUp Frequently Asked Questions
Do you just accept Teddy Bears?
- No. We accept all new and gently used stuffed animals.
Do you accept Beanie Babies or large stuffed animals?
- Yes. We find a home for all of them.
Do you only accept new stuffed animals?
- No. We collect both new and gently used stuffed animals. But we do ask you to use your discretion. Please find other homes for your well used stuffed animals. (Those stuffed animals include any weird smells, tears, missing eyes, etc…)
Do you collect used toys, socks, or sweaters?
- No. These items go directly to Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin’s Child Protection Center. They are not allowed to take used items due to health concerns.
What types of toys can I donate?
- Any toys that would be appropriate for children ages 0-18 years. Some ideas: Nerf Toys, Footballs, Basketballs, Board Games, Coloring Books, Stickers, Barbies, Yo Yo’s, Match Box Cars, Jump Ropes, Kids and Young Adult Books, Journals, etc…
How can my school, Girl Scout troop, moms group, business, etc participate in collecting stuffed animals?
- Please email us for more information: RoundUp@ShieldedHearts.com
I don’t have any stuffed animals at this time but can I donate money?
- We would greatly appreciate any financial donations. While our costs are small, they still exist. Any additional money collected will be used to buy new stuffed animals, toys, socks or sweaters, especially for the sensitive crimes unit.
- We also collect donations year round to help fulfill the purpose of Shielded Hearts, an organization of women finding hope in police life through education, friendship, service and faith.
- For more information go to www.shieldedhearts.org/donate
Do you collect stuffed bears year around?
- No. But we would encourage you to visit one of our partners,
- Kelsey’s Milwaukee Hugs, as they collect NEW Teddy Bears year round.
The collection box at district #? is full who can I call to empty the box?
- 414-369-2677 or RoundUp@shieldedhearts.com
If you have additional questions please feel free to contact us:
- 414-369-2677 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you know a police department, business or organization who would like to coordinate their own RoundUp (at any time of the year which is convenient for them) please pass on the following information! Click here for more information or click here and fill out the form to participate. We will contact them shortly.